Thursday, January 21, 2010

This should probably be a tweet!

Except, I don't Twitter!

We have a date for Mt. Washington ("Home of the World's Worst Weather") Climb #2.

Our 12-year old son goes on a class trip from January 29th - February 1st. Ron will return from Seattle on the 28th and we will head to New Hampshire on the 29th to make "base camp" in a cheap hotel, with a hot tub. (Ron, that's a hint for you.) Our climb will begin fairly early on Saturday the 30th. If we manage to remember all necessary gear and the weather conditions are not working against us, we should summit and be down early that evening. Then, we can have Sunday the 31st to relax, do some gentle hiking and maybe even hit some of the outlet stores. Woot! However, if for some reason we don't summit on the 30th, we can try again on the 31st.

So, I have 8 more days in which to train for this. I think I will continue to do my treadmill-stair master-treadmill regimen but I want to increase my time from 35-minutes per segment to 45 minutes each on the treadmill ends and 30-minutes on the stair master, for a total of two-hours at the gym. Woof. I'm going to have to start bringing two water bottles!

If you're interested in keeping up with the weather on Mt. Washington, especially on the days we plan to climb - click this link: http://www.mountwashington.org/





5 comments:

  1. I was just asked if we were going to count this climb towards January or February. We're going to count this for January for two reasons:

    First, it IS in January even if it is the very last day of the month. And second, is an effort to preserve the 12 months, 12 summits goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this blog, I can see your site is pretty new, But really it is cool. I love your take on things... You seem like a pretty cool lady. I'm going to follow your blog here. Take care,
    Mike Long

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a hot tub is a GREAT idea....for those weary muscles after AND the fact that you haven't seen each other in a month!

    Oh and how cool is the commenter above me?

    ReplyDelete
  4. (He's totally cool and HIS blog has a great looking risotto recipe I need to try this week!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy hiking and climbing! I am sure you are going to have a lot of fun :)

    Just be careful and keep smiling!

    ReplyDelete